So, part of my goals for this year is to learn how to make cocktails. We are slowly collecting together a gathering of cocktail related items – an ice bucket, a soda bottom, a shaker….. However, I am still in the process of gathering the right ingredients. But this week has been a great week! It would seem we are having a stroke of luck running through our family at the moment and I felt a small celebration was in order. So a champagne cocktail is a must.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sugar cubes
- Angostura bitters (or try lemon juice)
First of all let me explain this one, I maybe didn’t have any Angostura bitters. I decided to leave it out completely but I must admit that the cocktail does need something else so I would suggest trying some lemon juice instead if you don’t have any bitters around – slightly different taste but will give the drink that kick that it needs.
- Place a sugar cube in each glass (or about 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar).
- Over the top of the sugar place a few drops of lemon juice or Angostura bitters.
- Over this place about 2 tablespoons of brandy
- Then for the grand finally – pour champagne over the top and watch the bubbles continually fizz from the sugar!
So here is to a great week and hopefully many more to come!