This is the simplest tutorial I think I will ever give but, oh my, it is good! This is the perfect thing to treat the other half on a certain romantic day/weekends that are coming are way.
Its a Sunday morning, the alarm clock did not wake you, you woke naturally to a soft light flooding in through the closed curtains. There is a slight nip in the air where winter is still clinging on, refusing to let Spring pass. You start with coffee. Dark and thick and filling the room with its intoxicating sent. Your stomach grumbles over the extended period without food and you now its time – cinnamon bagels, bacon and maple syrup.
YOU WILL NEED (to serve 2):
- 2 Cinnamon bagels (you could use regular but the cinnamon adds a lovely element)
- About half a packet of streaky bacon rashers
- 1 egg
- Maple syrup
- Frying pan
- Get the largest pan you can find and heat it on the hob. Place the bacon in once the pan is fully hot and allow the bacon to start sizzling. No oil is needed.
- Whilst the bacon is cooking cut your bagels in half and crack one egg into a bowl (big enough to dip the bagels in).
- Beat the egg with a fork until well combined.
- Once the bacon is cooked but is not too crispy – there should still be some bacon fat in the pan – move the bacon to one side of the pan making room to add your bagels but still cooking the bacon.
- Dip both sides of you bagels in the egg and place in the pan to cook. You want to try and soak up all the egg evenly between the bagel slices so you may want to soak them for a little while but not too long.
- Once the bagels are browned on once side turn them over.
- Once the bagels have browned and the bacon looks crispy pile everything on to a plate and drizzle over some maple syrup.
I can not think of anything more perfect on a Sunday morning than bitter coffee, salty bacon, filling bagels and sweet syrup – Perfect!