We always have bananas in the house, we are big fans. It stems from my Dad who I think might actually eat one almost every day – I swear if they become extinct it may be a result of us eating too many! Our main use is Banana pancakes on a Sunday. However, I have so much work on at the moment with the now running total of 3 jobs, that I haven’t had time for banana pancakes lately. So when I had a spare afternoon the other day I made a batch of banana muffins to keep us going over the busy few months we have ahead. This recipe is super easy (I have had it so long that I don’t even remember where it is from!) and as long as you don’t over mix the batter you should end up with light and fluffy muffins.
- 3 or 4 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, 180 degrees Celsius, Gas mark 4.
- Mix together the mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together being careful not to over mix.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 12 muffin cases. For added decoration you can add an extra slice of banana on top of each muffin before baking.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy some delicious muffins.